This section applies to Retailarc Enterprise.
Retailarc Enterprise was designed using advanced technology to help protect your investment. Its layered architecture delivers a number of benefits.
Scalability and Extensibility
- Publish-subscribe message handling and SOA architecture facilitates integration with external systems.
- Layered architecture facilitates adding or changing application components and/or retail devices:
- Easily add more POS terminals for growth within a store.
- Add a new store by simply adding a Store Server on location and attaching the POS terminals.
- Add Enterprise Server nodes for horizontal scaling.
Performance and Availability
- Sales transactions are processed using the local Store Server and are not dependent on the external network to the Enterprise Server.
- Stores can operate offline through network outages.
- Data is resynchronized automatically between the Store Server and Enterprise Server when communication is re-established.
- Store Server application can run on a POS Terminal for improved affordability. If that terminal fails, another can assume the primary role.
Robustness and Portability
- J2EE-compliant for redundancy and reliability.
- .NET for user friendliness and ease of learning.
- JDBC provides database independence.